Rachel Lindsay is many things. Lawyer, basketball player, professional rose-giver, and world-class vacuum dancer.
Above all else, Rachel is incredibly relatable. Throughout this season of The Bachelorette, she has been totally open about the pressures she has faced while being the first Black bachelorette. She’s dealt with guys who were shady as hell (We’re lookin’ at you, DeMario) and some guys who were just a little over the top. Can you say…”Wahboom?”
And even though she started off dating 31 guys on national television here are all of the ways she is actually just like those of us who are playing the field.
1. When she dramatically threw a rose in her Bachelorette promo and reminded us that finding love is not easy.
So true, Rach. So true.
2. When she was super endearing and came up with a catchphrase we would totally use on our Tinder profiles.
You probably already stole it, didn’t you?
3. But she was also honest about what she wants from a relationship.
And somehow still came off as completely sane while demanding a husband before the first date?
4. Basically any time she walks into a room full of men who want to date her and gets a little overwhelmed.
Oh, look! It’s you whenever you look through your Tinder matches or walk into a bar full of men.
5. She is you when your date starts asking you about what you do for a living, where you live, how much interest your 401K is accruing (Guys, is that how a 401K works?) and you’re like…
6. Or how about when she brought “her girls” on a date with her to scope out the guys?
7. This is basically the television version of messaging your friends in your group chat while your date is in the bathroom.
“OMG. Call me in 5 minutes and pretend you’re in the hospital. I need to get out of here.”
8. She is you at brunch with your friends the morning after a date.
Tell us everything, girl!
9. When she tried really hard to find things in common with the super hot guy she was on a date with.
I mean, it’s a stretch? But Peter is so handsome…
10. When she pulled this face after finding out that Eric wasn’t as smart as she thought?
11. Rachel is definitely you when you decide, “What damage could one drink do with dinner?” And suddenly you’re like…
“Whoops, I’m drunk! And about to go on a blimp?”
12. When she wasn’t afraid to tell her man who wasn’t really her man but was also definitely her man that he was being shady and therefore had to go…
Get him, Rach!
13. When Fred asked for her permission to kiss her and she was a little confused?
But consent is sexy, Rachel!
14. When she kept around the bad guy (We see you, Lee) for way longer than necessary so that she could slowly take him down…
We’ve got to believe this is the only reason Lee is still around.
And finally, perhaps the most compelling evidence…
15. When she brought her dog on a one-on-one to make sure he approved of Peter.
Let’s be real, Copper is the best part of this damn franchise.
Thanks, Rachel, for being our favorite Bachelorette!
Watch the OG Black bachelorette Tiffany Pollard meet Bob the Drag Queen for late night brunch to chat all things RuPaul’s Drag Race, All Stars season 3 casting, and her backstage drama with Thorgy Thor.