The MTV Video Music Awards were full of amazing collaborations, hot red carpet looks, celebrity performances, and basically all of your faves sitting in one room. What more could you want? Our answer: We want more Cardi B.
That’s because whenever Cardi does anything, we’re over here like:
And last night was no different. As if we weren’t obsessed enough with Miss Cardi, she had to go and be the most relatable person at the VMAs. It’s safe to say that our girl was having the time of her life at last night’s VMAs, and we are living for it.
Here is a list of our favorite moments so that you can relive them and remind yourself just how pure and lovely Cardi B is. We are not worthy of the looks served, the performances slayed, and the interviews given.
1. When she showed up to the red carpet looking like this:
2. And made a costume change into this outfit to perform “Bodak Yellow:”
3. And another change into this feather-filled glam look:
4. When she sidestepped rumors that she is engaged to Offset by breaking out into Rasheeda Frost’s “Marry Me.”
— MTV (@MTV) August 27, 2017
5. And when she said this and let little girls everywhere know that you don’t have to just be a princess, you can be a lil’ gangsta, too.
— Mawahib (Mo) Ismail (@MoetownMo) August 28, 2017
6. And then she completely slayed her performance of “Bodak Yellow” at the VMA Pre-Show:
7. When Charlamagne asked her how she was doing after her performance and she took it literally:
— Yahshua (@_KingTony) August 27, 2017
8. When she decided to shoot her shot and see if Lady Gaga was down to collaborate:
— Lady Gaga Weekly (@WeeklyGaga) August 28, 2017
9. When she gave us the most gifable moment of the night:
— ⓜⓞⓡⓖⓐⓝ (@Mobaybeee) August 28, 2017
— LENA (@_sdm24) August 28, 2017
— Tyris Savoy ™ (@thetyrisjavon) August 28, 2017
Thank you, Cardi B, for this everlasting GIFt pic.twitter.com/AnpVxqkjGN
— Robin Thede (@robinthede) August 28, 2017
10. When she told everyone that she stood with Colin Kaepernick:
— Andres Tardio ✍ (@AndresWrites) August 28, 2017
People are sayin’ that our girl had a lil’ wardrobe malfunction here, but we still love her: Nip slips and all.
MTV, I found the perfect host for you next year: Cardi B#VMAs
— mat.te.o (@MatteoCarloni1) August 28, 2017
Don’t ever change, Cardi B.
DeRay gets a little too excited over Adrienne’s girl crush on Cardi. Tune into the new season of Hip Hop Squares Monday, September 25th at 9/8c.