Also in today’s Last Lap: Hot 97 announces the lineup for its annual Summer Jam, the country music world says goodbye to George Jones, and a new crop of stars are set to perform at the Billboard Music Awards.
- Rapper Danny Brown is in some hot water after an overzealous fan gave him a mid-performance blow job during a recent concert in Minneapolis. He bragged about it on Twitter with Kendrick Lamar, which many felt was in even poorer taste than allowing the situation to happen in the first place. However, fellow indie rapper Kitty Pryde is rushing to his defense, though, claiming that he was a victim of sexual assault. [Vice]
- The Flaming Lips, known for their innovative sound, is pushing the envelope once more in the form a video featuring copious amounts of nudity, robots, and other oddities. Can’t stress enough that it’s NSFW. [Stereogum]
- The 20th annual Hot 97 Summer Jam will soon be upon us, featuring Kendrick Lamar, Miguel, and concert veterans Wu-Tang Clan. Tickets for the June 2 show are on sale now. [The Fader]
- Country music legend George Jones, who died last week, was remembered in a Nashville service that drew friends far and wide. Former first lady Laura Bush, Trisha Yearwood, and Garth Brooks were among the attendees who paid their last respects. [CMT]
- Who’s slated to perform at this year’s Billboard Music Awards? Nicki Minaj, Lil’ Wayne, and Jennifer Lopez have just been added to the roster. [MTV]
[Photo: Getty Images]