On Saturday night we were lucky enough to catch Beyonce’s headlining debut at the Barclay’s Center as part of the ongoing Mrs. Carter World Tour! Obviously, she brought the goods. Big time. That goes without saying! But despite the epic coronation video that opened the extravaganza, and the fact that she essentially owned the place (along with Jay Z, obvs), the diva managed to keep things chill. She was the perfect host, putting her 18,000 guests at ease as she welcomed us to her family arena. Here are 15 of the ways Queen Bey kept it real in her home court!
15. Jiggled her non-existent arm-flab as she sang “Flaws and All”
We appreciate the sentiment, but c’com. Those guns are all muscle.
14. With her all female Suga Mama band, Bey reminded us all who runs the world…
13. Paused in the middle of “Why Don’t You Love Me” for a solid 30 seconds of silent-yet-sexy eye-batting.
Crowd = Seduced.
12. Backup dancers Les Twins busted out some “Harlem Shake”.
Nothin’ like some viral vid action to make the stadium go wild.
11. Segued from “Single Ladies” into the theme from The Jeffersons
Hey, it was our favorite Nick at Nite show!
10. Moved to a second stage, giving us in the cheap(er) seats a better view!Yeah, our seats were kinda lame, but at least we got a good look for “Irreplaceable” and “Survivor” !
9. Didn’t bother with fancy underground passageways, just swung over the crowd on a harness.
She’s old-fashioned like that.
8. Got phallic during “If I Were A Boy”.
OK, maybe that was just our dirty minds playing tricks on us, but she did grab her crotch and make some kind of gesture with the mic. Sadly, we can’t seem to find a pic or vid to back us up. But while we’re on the subject…
7. The butt grabs.
There was lots and lots of self ass-slapping going on. And we do have photos of that!
6. Made “1+1″ even more sultry by performing it on top of a grand piano.
5. Danced during “Grown Woman” in sky-high heels…while blindfolded!
Definitely a risky move.
4. Solicited babysitting help for Blue Ivy
3. Faked us out with the “Countdown” intro.
Don’t get us wrong, “Countdown” is a great tune. But we’ve already crowned “Crazy In Love” the greatest song of the ’00s, so there’s really no contest. We were pumped.
2. Defied the laws of gravity.
Hey, it’s Beyonce’s house, she makes the rules!
1. Managed to be the baddest Diva Mama you’ve ever seen, all without breaking a sweat.
[Photo: Getty Images]