Music lovers rejoice, because you oughta know that VH1 is releasing its very first You Oughta Know compilation CD! The monthly artist showcase has introduced many groundbreaking (and hit making) artists to the world, and now some of their finest tracks are all together on one disc!
The inaugural album is available exclusively at Whole Foods Market, and features a sampling of the amazing musical talent VH1 has fostered over the years (yes, including Foster The People). There’s gentle acoustic bliss from The Lumineers and The Civil Wars, and all-out rock jams from Grace Potter & The Nocturnals. Of course, Gotye’s summer-stealing “Somebody That I Used To Know” makes a featured appearance, and we even get a classic throw-back from a YOK vet named Amy Winehouse.
In addition to these established favorites, the compilation stays true to its cutting edge roots by including a track from hot up-and-comers, Bravesoul. The three-piece from L.A. were selected out of over 500 submissions to win the 2nd annual Whole Foods Market Team Member Music Project. Get a taste with the music video for “If The Morning Ever Comes,” in anticipation of their new full length The Infinite Hourglass, out on February 18th.
And make sure to pick up a copy of VH1 “You Oughta Know” Volume 1 in between browsing for organic tomatoes! These tracks are even fresher than the produce…
1. “Somebody That I Used To Know” by Gotye (ft. Kimbra)
2. “Ho Hey” by the Lumineers
3. “Paris (Ooh La La) by Grace Potter and the Nocturnals
4. “The A Team” by Ed Sheeran
5. “Barton Hollow” by The Civil Wars
6. “Love Song” by Sara Bareilles
7. “Breakeven” by The Script
8. “Pumped Up Kicks” by Foster The People
9. “Over My Head (Cable Car) by The Fray
10. “Bubbly” by Colbie Caillat
11. “Nothing Left To Lose” by Mat Kearney
12. “Rehab” by Amy Winehouse
13. “If The Morning Ever Comes” by Braevesoul
[Photo: Getty Images/Eleven]