Get your festival gear ready because VH1 + Palladia are taking over the Northside Festival. During the 8-day long event, VH1 will be hosting the Make A Band Famous competition and screening some of this year’s best Rock-umentaries, Palladia will be taking over The Knitting Factory from June 12-15, and much more.
Ranging from concerts to movies to total restaurant take-overs, VH1 + Palladia are invading Williamsburg and Greenpoint, Brooklyn. For more information check out VH1.com.
Check out our list of specific events in the press release below:
VH1 + PALLADIA PARTNER WITH NORTHSIDE FESTIVAL
Palladia + VH1 Featured at Brooklyn-Based Festival Celebrating Music, Film and Innovation
VH1 to host “The Best of VH1 rockDocs” Screening at Northside Film; Keynote Panel at Northside Innovation; Curated Knitting Factory Show from VH1’s Linda Perry at Northside Music
NEW YORK (June xx, 2014) — Palladia and VH1 are partnering with Brooklyn’s Northside Festival to showcase the latest in emerging music, film, art and innovation throughout the eight-day festival June 12-19th, 2014 spanning Williamsburg and Greenpoint, Brooklyn. Throughout the festival, Palladia and VH1 are presenting some of the most compelling activities across Northside Festival’s music, innovation and film portions.
“Music is in the DNA at VH1, and Palladia celebrates the creative power of the artist,” said Caralene Robinson, Senior Vice President, Creative Group + Consumer Marketing, VH1 + Palladia. “Partnering with a festival like Northside that celebrates music, innovation and emerging culture presented a unique opportunity to have a new audience engage with VH1 and Palladia and we couldn’t be more thrilled.”
Palladia and VH1 will have a major presence at Northside Music across Williamsburg and Greenpoint:
• Starting Thursday, June 12th and running through Sunday, June 15th Palladia will take over Williamsburg’s famed Knitting Factory music venue through hosting showcases each night featuring some of the best names in emerging music including Kevin Morby, Fort Lean, Syd Arthur, Perfect Pussy and more.
• On Thursday, June 12th, VH1 and Republic Record’s “Make a Band Famous” – a 24-hour livestream event to find the next big name in music – will make its way up to the Northside Festival, opening for a major, Brooklyn-based act at Northside’s McCarren Park mainstage. And that night, the winning band of “Make a Band Famous” will perform their first show at the Knitting Factory at 10:30 PM.
• On Friday, June 13th at 8 PM, VH1 will host a special showcase at the Knitting Factory from guest curator Linda Perry, legendary musician/producer/front woman of 4 Non Blondes and star of VH1’s “Make or Break: The Linda Perry Project.”
VH1 will be present the panel “Fueling Social Fandom: A Conversation with VH1, MTV and Comedy Central” on Thursday, June 12th at 10 AM at The Wythe Hotel. Social media heads from VH1, MTV and Comedy Central, alongside Lost Remote editor Natan Edelsburg, will explore how social media is ushering new rules for developing fan bases and keeping them engaged. Participants will learn how to engage fans across a variety of social media networks both established and emerging.
VH1 will host the series “The Best of VH1 rockDocs” from Monday, June 16th through Wednesday, June 18th at the Wythe Hotel. “The Best of VH1 rockDocs” will showcase some of the best films from VH1’s celebrated Emmy Award-winning documentary series, VH1 rockDocs.
• Monday, June 16th at 7 PM: “Downloaded” focuses on the advent of digital media sharing, including the rise of game-changing company Napster and its controversial online pioneers Shawn Fanning and Sean Parker.
• Tuesday, June 17th at 7 PM: “The Tanning of America: One Nation Under Hip-Hop” is a thorough examination of hip-hop as a cultural movement, whose profound influence in music, film, television, fashion, business, race relations and politics eventually helped pave the way for the election of Barack Obama
• Wednesday, June 18th at 7 PM: “Anvil: The Story of Anvil” The Emmy Award-winning film follows Kudlow, Reiner and their band, Anvil, which released one of the heaviest albums in metal history, 1982’s Metal on Metal. The album influenced an entire musical generation of rock bands, including Metallica, Slayer, and Anthrax, who all went on to sell millions of records.
For more information on Palladia, and to see where you can watch Palladia, visit Palladia.tv. For more information on VH1, the Northside Festival and more, visit VH1.com.