Happy Saturday. Here are your First Dibs: Katy Perry subtweets MTV’s VMAs after her video for “Roar” doesn’t get nominated, Selena Gomez had fans outraged at her latest Instagram post, J. Cole brought out a special guest at his concert last night and more.
- Katy Perry has two VMA nominations but neither of them are for her video “Roar.” In response, Perry smugly tweeted: “I’m good with my 569,000,000+ views on Roar.” [Billboard]
- Selena Gomez fans were very upset with her “Pray for Gaza” Instagram post. Though she had good intentions, her post created an uproar and a divide amongst her loyal fans. [MTV]
- J. Cole brought out surprise guest Trey Songz at his Dollar and a Dream Miami show last night. [Miami]
- Lana Del Rey speaks out about her record label and why they were unhappy with her latest album, Ultraviolence, before it came out. [NME]
- Kanye West is on the cover of the new August GQ issue. [Miss Info]
- Get to know VMA nominated artist and dance enthusiast, Kiesza. [MTV News]
- Fred Durst is now directing EHarmony commercials. [Complex]