Kendrick Lamar releases a brand new single, Rita Ora is on deck to replace Kylie Minogue on BBC1’s The Voice, Lana Del Rey announces two gigs in a rather ghoulish location and Stephen Colbert clowns rock dad Jeff Tweedy in this morning’s First Dibs.
- Is Kendrick Lamar the best rapper currently in the game? His new single “i” sure has people thinking so. Get the details. [The Independent]
- Singer Rita Ora will join BBC1’s The Voice replacing Aussie dance diva Kylie Minogue next season. [The Guardian UK]
- The newly death obsessed Lana Del Rey has announced plans for two shows at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery. Sounds fun? [NME]
- Stephen Colbert had some fun at Jeff Tweedy’s expense when the Wilco singer stopped by The Colbert Report to play with his son Spencer in their band Tweedy. [Stereogum]
- Def Leppard singer Joe Elliott reports on the condition of guitarist Vivian Campbell and says he’s out of action but recuperating from chemotherapy well. [Blabbermouth]
- Find out which 13 of the summer’s one hit wonders you will never see again. [SPIN]