Pop singer Gotye is running for office, Rihanna just announced a special charity ball, The Osbournes are threatening to return to television and Neil Young says farewell to bassist Rick Rosas in your Friday Last Lap.
- Former VH1 You Oughta Know artist Gotye has just been granted permission for his political group, the Basics Rock’n’Roll Party, to run for election in Australia on a platform of “innovation, education, and rock’n’roll.”[Spin]
- Rihanna will host the Diamond Ball this December 11th to benefit her charity foundation that raises money for education and arts programs. [Billboard]
- Find out which diva won VH1’s Pop Queen Faceoff. Hint: her name rhymes with Ranet Rackson.[VH1]
- Find out what Vice’s Noisey website learned from watching Ariana Grande and The Weekend’s new video and why she’s down with the self love.[Noisey]
- Rumor has it The Osbournes may be returning to television sometime in the near future. And guess what? It’s Ozzy’s idead.[Blabbermouth]
- Ever wonder what Nicki Minaj sounds like slowed down? Well someone at MTV did and you can find out what famous male rapper she sounds like.[MTV]
- And finally and sadly, longtime Neil Young bassist Rick Rosas has died at the age of 65. Read tributes to the man and his music. [Uncut]