Whatever with your magazine covers Kim Kardashian, someone pretty important in the world of booty thinks Jennifer Lopez still has the best badonkadonk of all time, Lorde sheds a new light on the Jeremih hit “Don’t Tell ’Em,” Tyler The Creator geeks out on Pharrell, Chris Cornell geeks out on Jimmy Page and more in your Thursday Last Lap.
- Sir Mix-A-Lot says J.LO still has the greatest booty of all time and in fact, his rear-end anthem “Baby Got Back” was actually written about Lopez when she caught his eye as a backup dancer on the comedy show In Living Color.[TMZ]
- Tyler, the Creator got to interview his hero Pharrell Williams when he headlined Odd Future’s Camp Flog Gnaw Carnival and got all kinds of fanboy on him.[SPIN]
- Everybody loves a good cover, even Lorde, who put her unique spin on Jeremih’s R&B banger “Don’t Tell ‘Em” on BBC’s Radio 1.[MTV]
- After press stops in NYC, legendary Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page made his way out west where he sat down with Soundgarden singer Chris Cornell to talk about his life in music.[Rolling Stone]
- Don’t forget to tune in to You Oughta Know Live In Concert tonight at 9/8C to see performances from Sam Smith, Aloe Blacc, Mary Lambert, and more.
- Classic rocker John Fogerty weighs in on the “scandal” over the performance of his song “Fortunate Son” at The Concert For Valor.[Ultimate Classic Rock]
- Julian Casablancas, singer of NY art rockers The Strokes, says he recorded a second collab with Daft Punk that was nowhere near as poppy as the well known song “Instant Crush.”[Pitchfork]