D’Angelo has announced a new album after a 14-year hiatus, Chris Martin recalls the time when David Bowie rejected his request to record vocals on a Coldplay song, Dawn Sears from the Time Jumpers dies and more on Last Lap.
- Sam Smith walks the Brooklyn Bridge and drinks the night away with a group of handsome bachelors in his new music video for “Like I Can”.
- Watch Aretha Franklin sing “Happy Birthday” to a very lucky Taylor Swift at Billboard’s 2014 Women in Music event.
- Brad Pitt cracked jokes about Rihanna and “the dubious and nefarious character known as The Jay Z” while hosting RiRi’s Diamond Ball. [E Online]
- D’Angelo is back after falling under the radar for years and is ready to release his new album Black Messiah. He will debut his new collection of work at a listening session on December 14th at the Dream Downtown Hotel in New York City. [MI]
- The Gossip Table gives Chris Brown advice on how not to be lonely on Christmas.
- Coldplay’s Chris Martin said that one time he asked David Bowie to record vocals on a Coldplay song but Bowie said no because the song was “not one of [their] best.” [NME]
- Dawn Sears, vocalist for the Time Jumpers, dies at 53 from lung cancer. [RS]
[Photo credit: Capitol Records]