Jay Z wants to expand his empire to include a Scandinavian streaming service, Missy Elliott is performing with Katy Perry at the Super Bowl halftime show, Pusha T and Consequence put aside their differences for Kanye’s upcoming album and more on First Dibs.
- Death Row Records’ Suge Knight has been arrested and charged with murder after a hit-and-run that killed one man and injured another last night. Knight’s attorney claims it was an accident, but some witnesses say it looked intentional. [Rolling Stone]
- Listen to Big Sean’s latest track “Blessings,” which brings Kanye and Drake together for only the second time. [CoS]
- Jay Z is making a $56 million offer to buy a Scandinavian streaming service called Tidal. [Stereogum]
- Surprise! Missy Elliott is crashing Katy Perry’s Super Bowl halftime show this Sunday. The duo will perform “Work It.” [NY Daily News]
- Nick Jonas performs his R&B breakout hit “Jealous” on Big Morning Buzz Live.
- Who knew Yeezus was a peacemaker? Kanye’s anticipated LP caused Pusha T and Consequence to end their beef and collaborate with Ye on his upcoming album. [XXL]
- Frank Ocean, Andre 3000, and J. Cole are featured on Chance The Rapper’s forthcoming album, according to Chance’s interview with GQ.
- Bjork related writing her latest album Vulnurica to having open-heart surgery. “You feel like you’re having open-heart surgery,” she told The New York Times, “with knives sticking in, so everything is out, and you have this urgency and immediacy.” Ouch? [NYTimes]
- Continuing his quest to get super buff, Riff Raff is training with Hulk Hogan to fulfill another one of his dreams: professional wrestling.