Neither Wiz Khalifa nor Amber Rose left their marriage unscathed. The couple was married for a little over a year before cheating rumors surfaced and their marriage ended in divorce. Now, Wiz wants more custody over their son, Sebastian.
Though they appeared happy while together, Wiz and Amber kept their marital troubles under wraps. Take a look at what we’ve gathered about their relationship from their marriage to their divorce to the fight on both ends for custody over Sebastian.
- Wiz posted in March 2012 that Amber accepted his marriage proposal. They got married on July 8, 2013.
Today was the day we said our vows before God and our Family. I knew as soon as I met u, u were the one for me sweetheart. Happy 1 year anniversary @mistercap and many more to come?? A photo posted by Amber Rose (@amberrose) on Aug 18, 2014 at 9:41am PDT
- Wiz announced their marriage via Twitter the day he and Amber got married. Everything seemed to be going fine, especially when Amber twerked to Wiz’s “Ass Drop” after Blacc Hollywood became a number one album.
In honor of my Hubby’s #1 Album #blacchollywood #AssDrop ???? A video posted by Amber Rose (@amberrose) on Aug 29, 2014 at 6:32pm PDT
Cheating rumors and divorce
- Amber and Wiz split in September, according to TMZ. The pair was married for just over a year before problems in their relationship led to a divorce. They were believed to have accused each other of cheating. Wiz thought Amber had cheated on him with Nick Cannon when Amber and Nick started working together, according to TMZ. Nick denied the claims.
- Amber thought Wiz had been cheating on her for months before filing for divorce, according to TMZ. She told her friends she wanted to join Wiz on tour, but he would fabricate excuses for her not to come.
- Amber caught Wiz in bed with twin sisters, according to Peter Rosenberg, friend to Amber Rose and radio show host on “The Hot 91 Morning Show.” Rosenberg revealed in September that Amber and Wiz had problems for a while before Amber walked in on Wiz in bed with twins. “She knew they had problems, she knew he wasn’t happy, she was not happy, either,” Rosenberg said on the show.
anyone who really knows me knows that I never cheated on amber. — Cameron (@wizkhalifa) February 22, 2015
- Wiz asserts that he didn’t cheat on Amber.
The battle for custody over their (adorable) son Sebastian Taylor Thomaz
Took my baby to the train museum today he loved it……. So Handsome ????#SebastianTaylorThomaz A photo posted by Amber Rose (@amberrose) on Jan 12, 2015 at 4:06pm PST
- Amber went for full custody over Sebastian when she filed for divorce from Wiz, according to TMZ.
Only thing missing was bash. pic.twitter.com/SdxYzIf595
— Cameron (@wizkhalifa) February 21, 2015
- Wiz threw a birthday party for Sebastian’s second birthday last week, but Amber never showed up to bring their child, according to NY Daily News. Wiz was “heartbroken” when Amber didn’t bring Sebastian to the party he had planned. Amber posted videos of Sebastian before and after the party, according to TMZ.
- Wiz wants more custody over Sebastian. He has put together complaints against Amber’s parenting in an effort to gain more custody over his son, according to TMZ. Wiz tried to prove that Amber has Sebastian living in filth last week when photos showing poop on the ground and a knife on the kitchen countertop surfaced on TMZ.
- TMZ spotted Wiz at Ace of Diamonds, a Los Angeles club, earlier this week. Wiz was with Snoop Dogg and Ty Dolla $ign, and appeared to be throwing hundred dollar bills on strippers.
- Wiz has yet to legally file for a custody change. More details to come.