Beyonce wishes a backup dancer a speedy recovery, Drake donates a recording studio to a Philadelphia high school, Mariah Carey lands a multi-album deal, and more on First Dibs.
- Tiffany Monique, who has performed as one of Beyonce’s backup dancers, was diagnosed with cancer. Queen Bey showed her support by posting a message to Monique on her website. “We love you Tiffany,” she wrote. “Wishing you a speedy recovery. Love, Beyonce.” [E!]
- Drake has donated $75,000 to Philadelphia’s Strawberry Mansion High School to facilitate the creation of a recording studio there. [Huffington Post]
- Mariah Carey has signed to Epic Records. The agreement is a multi-album deal that includes a greatest hits album. [Billboard]
- Jay Z’s $56 million bid on music streaming services Tidal and WiMP has been accepted. [The Verge]
- The Gossip Table discusses Madonna’s Rebel Heart tour, which hasn’t sold well so far. Could it be the high ticket price?
- Kanye West receives a scathing 7-minute video message from Anonymous.
- Mary J. Blige debuted the visual accompaniment to “Doubt” after appearing on last night’s episode of Empire. [Spin]
- Suge Knight is claiming that he’s legally blind. [XXL]
- Stevie Wonder dropped some knowledge on Late Show with David Letterman last night: The 10 Greatest Advantages To Being Blind. “You can say you didn’t see that when you did,” he told Letterman. [CoS]
- The trailer for Kurt Cobain: The Montage of Heck, the forthcoming documentary on the late Nirvana singer, has arrived.
[Photo: Getty Images]