Taylor Swift’s 1989 puts her last two albums to shame, Pharrell may be once again seeing the estate of Marvin Gaye in court, Morrissey may have jacked some fan art without permission and more on Last Lap.
- Rihanna has inked a deal with fashion powerhouse Christian Dior, she becomes the first Black woman to rep the brand. [Yahoo]
- Lil Wayne recently gave a Florida crowd more than they expected when the rapper walked off stage after the DJ played the wrong song. [Miss Info]
- Jay Z has to cough up some extra cash after failing to clear a sample from his Magna Carta Holy Grail album. [Uproxx]
- VH1’s Ellie Lee takes on guest host duties on this week’s episode of Top 20 Video Countdown. Watch as she goes on a speed date with You Oughta Know Artist Olly Murs. Top 20 Video Countdown premieres every Saturday morning from 9AM-11AM. For more info you can go to Top20.VH1.com
- That was fast — Taylor Swift’s 1989 album has already outsold both of her first two albums. [Billboard]
- Marvin Gaye’s family may once again see Pharrell in court, only this time his hit “Happy” is up for question. [Sterogum]
- Did Morrissey use fan art without permission for some tour merch? One fan in particular certainly thinks so. [SPIN]