A New York Times writer reveals A$AP Yams’ cause of death, Miley Cyrus shows up to perform at Mike Will Made It’s SXSW show, Jessie J may be forced to lip sync due to her heart condition, and more on First Dibs.
Sad news: Chief Medical Examiner calls ASAP Yams’s death accident caused by acute mixed drug intoxication (incl. opiates & benzodiazepine)
— Jon Caramanica (@joncaramanica) March 19, 2015
- A$AP Yams’ cause of death has been revealed by New York Times writer Jon Caramanica to be “acute mixed drug intoxication.” Yams died in January. [DJ Booth]
- Miley Cyrus showed up at Mike Will Made It’s SXSW show to perform “23,” “We Can’t Stop,” and part of Nicki Minaj’s verse on Rae Sremmurd’s “Throw Sum Mo.” [Rolling Stone]
- Jessie J, who suffers from Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome, may be forced to lip sync at upcoming performances due to the extra strain belting out all those high notes puts on her heart. [Mirror]
- Kelly Clarkson talks about the changing music industry and its loss of mystery in the latest installment of VH1’s Playback series.
- A$AP Rocky’s forthcoming album, which is currently nameless, will feature FKA twigs, Lykke Li, and Clams Casino. It will be executive produced by the late A$AP Yams. [Complex]
Can’t wait to see you all in Manila this weekend! Gona be a cracker — Niall Horan (@NiallOfficial) March 20, 2015
- Niall Horan tweeted out the above, continuing the belief that the One Direction tour will go on sans Zayn Malik.
- Kurt Cobain’s Montage of Heck documentary will run in Los Angeles, New York, and Seattle theaters at the end of April. The film’s HBO debut is May 4. [Spin]
- Drake is volunteering to curate music for an upcoming exhibition at Sotheby’s NYC headquarters. [Vulture]