We all know E.L. James’ Fifty Shades of Grey is Twilight fan fiction. But until you see both films, you may not realized how similar they are. The two romantic dramas are legitimately the same story, it was just a matter of adding a Red Room and subtracting a vampire.
If you’re too lazy to buy into the hype and spend time watching these films, here’s all you need to know. (And if you love both Fifty Shades and Twilight, this is about to be the best thing of your life.)
Tune into 14 Days of Love now through February 14th only on VH1.
1. Female lead names
Ana is short for Anastasia and Bella for Isabella. Each has the same amount of syllables.
3. Ana and Bella are twins.
4. As are the male leads, Christian and Edward.
5. He can’t “read her.”
6. He feels a crazy need to protect her, especially since she’s prone to accidents.
“Could you at least watch where you walk,” guys?
7. Suddenly, he tells her she shouldn’t be with him.
Christian tells Ana: “I’m not the guy for you, I have to let you go.”
8. Then, he decides he can’t leave her alone. Just can’t.
Christian: “I’m incapable of leaving you alone.”
9. The ethnically ambiguous friend (José in Fifty Shades, Jacob in Twilight) threatens the central relationship.
10. Stalker behavior sets in, especially with other men.
Christian won’t stop eying José during his photo shoot and swears he’s romantically connected to Ana.
11. The men ask if the women have their trust.
12. The woman’s mom lives far away — in a hot climate, with boyfriend of the month.
13. Of course, they both have a beloved dad or step-dad.
14. The trip to see mom.
15. Male lead plays piano intensely.
16. He watches her when she sleeps.
17. He meets his big family at an awkward dinner.
18. Male leads wants to bite her.
19. Female takes part in extensive research.
20. He shows up in her room randomly.
21. Her place is totally average and old while his is contemporary and fucking immaculate.
22. The “Welcome to my world” line.
23. The male lead has a troubled past.
24. Female sacrifices everything to be with him, and he “changes” her.
25. They’ve all waited.
“You don’t know how long I’ve waited for you.”- Edward to Bella
“Where have you been?”- Christian “Waiting.”- Ana
26. Oh, and the mind-blowing sex.