Did Angelica Houston ever find the pool last week? We may never know, but this week on SMASH, boy did we get some dramatic television boners. I’m back in action to give you a re-cap on just how these boners were achieved. What is going on with Bombshell? Does Debra Messing have a scarf on? Who should come out of the closet this week? Here are the ten essentials on Smash you can talk to your cool Aunt Karen about over wine coolers. Yippie!
10. We kick the show off with a HUGE opening number where Marilyn gets off a plane and Tom makes a whole lot of cameos as different men, women and gay men with different mustaches, glasses and head-dresses. GUESS WHO?!
THE UNDER-SEXED MONOPOLY GUY
THE HELEN KELLER
9. “Jack” from Will and Grace joins the cast of Smash as a “jokey-Hollywood-meets-Jim-Carrey-type” playing alongside Ivy in her new DRAMATIC play. He decides to go off his meds so he can really “feel” his dramatic role. This should get interesting…
8. Jimmy keeps to his neurotic, emotionally immature ways and has a one night stand with some bimbo right after making out with Karen on the last episode!!!
7. Karen and her roommate get really sweaty after kickboxing.
6. Karen sings a song about Jimmy called, “Some Boys Don’t Know How to Love.”
I don’t know about you, but I’m pretty tired of watching them trying to put a square peg into a round hole with this “romance” between these two. Just when I thought I’d had enough, Karen and Jimmy decide to just be friends while they work together on Jimmy and Kyle’s musical, Hitlist.
5. The read-through of the new draft of Bombshell goes well BUT Jerry thinks it’s not commercial enough for Broadway and won’t make any money. Come on Jerry! Bombshell has been through enough!!!
4. Wayyyyyyyy back in Brooklyn, Karen, Jimmy and Kyle have a reading of Jimmy and Kyle’s musical, Hitlist – which goes terribly and probably ruins their chances of making it to Broadway.
3. Eileen’s money-laundering boyfriend may have broken off their romance for good since he’s in jail. Don’t drop the soap or admit you funded a musical on Broadway pal, or you’ll definitely become someone’s girlfriend.
2. After fighting over which version of Bombshell should be green lit for Broadway, Eileen is chosen to make the final decision. We are left with a HUGE cliffhanger – and the episode ends RIGHT BEFORE Eileen is about to make her choice!!!!
1. I can’t wait until next week…the teaser had me asking SO MANY QUESTIONS!! What will Karen choose; Bombshell or Hitlist??? Will Derek quit Bombshell???? Which character will Tom be next week????