While there’s nothing terribly new about The Legend of Hercules, which opens on Friday, there’s at least the joy of seeing Kellan Lutz shirtless for nearly 90 minutes. Lutz is the latest actor to bare all in a tiny loincloth (or similar gladiator-esque attire) on the big screen. Everyone from Russell Crowe to Brad Pitt has wowed fans with their bulging pecs, washboard abs and tiny frocks. Enjoy a GIF recap of these sexy leading men:
15) Jason Momoa, Conan the Barbarian (2011)
Like Arnold Schwarzenegger before him, Jason Momoa brings the gun show to the role of Conan in little-seen remake of the film.
14) Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, The Scorpion King (2002)
After his breakout in The Mummy Returns, The Rock spins his bulging chest into a prequel film.
13) Taylor Kitsch’s Nipple, John Carter (2012)
This flop is good for only one thing: Taylor Kitsch’s nipple.
12) Christopher Atkins, Blue Lagoon (1980)
Twinky actor Christopher Atkins catches more than the eye of Brooke Shields in the desert island film.
11) Sullivan Stapleton, 300: Rise of an Empire (2014)
This Aussie actor takes over the role of “shirtless hunk” in the 300 sequel.
UP NEXT: Russell Crowe, Rodrigo Santoro and more
10) Henry Cavill, The Immortals (2011)
A hairless, bronzed Henry Cavill lights up a mediocre hero epic. It’s a shame his chest hair doesn’t make an appearance until 2013’s Man of Steel.
9) Charleston Heston, Ben-Hur (1959)
Charleston Heston makes manual labor look good.
8) Russell Crowe, Gladiator (2000)
Russell Crowe never looks as good as he does in Ridley Scott’s epic tale of a general-turn-slave-turn-gladiator.
7) Rodrigo Santoro, 300 (2007)
There’s a reason Laura Linney’s character is so into Rodrigo Santoro in Love Actually: that bulge.
6) Kellan Lutz, The Legend of Hercules (2014)
Lutz brings the puffed up chest to the tale of the divine hero.
UP NEXT: Kit Harington, Gerard Butler and Brad Pitt
5) Kit Harington, Pompeii (2014)
Game Of Thrones’ Jon Snow steps out on his own with the dramatic retelling of Pompeii. The abs are enough to buy early tickets on Fandango.
4) Sam Claflin, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (2013)
If Josh Hutcherson donned something more revealing in The Hunger Games, we might be telling a different story. However, we have no problem with Sam Claflin’s sly grin.
3) Gerard Butler, 300 (2007)
While 300 is packed full of hotties (Michael Fassbender, for one), no one looks beefier than Gerard Butler.
2) Brendan Fraser, George of the Jungle (1997)
It’s not often that people immediately think of Brendan Fraser when “hot guys in loincloths” comes up. But he brought his A-game to this Disney tale.
1) Brad Pitt, Troy (2004)
Of course, nothing tops Brad Pitt in the epic version of Helen of Troy. Orlando Bloom and Eric Bana both try but they have nothing on Hollywood’s finest (never-ending) abs.
[GIFs: Stacy Lambe/VH1]