By Christopher Rosa
Sharknado 2: The Second One premiered last night on Syfy and it was exactly what you’d expect—times two. Giant sharks swirling around a giant tornado terrorized unsuspecting humans, but this time the weather phenomenon stormed the streets of the Big Apple. Needless to say, Lady Liberty was not pleased.
In addition to ludicrous plot lines and cheesy acting, the Sharknado social media shenanigans were at an all-time high last night, with many fans and celebrities tweeting their reactions enough to make star Mark McGrath proud.
If you’re unsure of whether or not a weather disaster so ridiculous could happen in a town near you, or simply wanted an early crack at Tara Reid’s shark-inspired perfume, we’re breaking down 11 noteworthy responses to Sharknado 2’s madness.
1. This woman’s genuine fear.
could a sharknado happen in real life
— Barb (@BarberaLoyd) July 31, 2014
2. This guy who is struggling with self-acceptance.
3. The shadiest shade ever thrown.
You make jokes, but “Sharknado” is probably the best adaptation of a preschool art project I’ve ever seen. — Louis Virtel (@louisvirtel) July 31, 2014
4. This pup’s attempt to roll with the big boys.
5. This Downton Abbey realness.
Sharknado is our code word for whatever Mary unleashed on poor Mr Pamuk in her bedroom. — The Dowager Countess (@theLadyGrantham) July 31, 2014
6. This potential spin-off.
7. This critique of Kelly Osbourne’s performance.
8. This sad person who basically just learned that Santa Claus isn’t real.
What no real sharks were used or harmed in the making of this film??? I now feel cheated. #Sharknado2TheSecondOne
— Joan Evatt (@Boeufblogginon) July 31, 2014
9. This exclusive behind-the-scenes soundbite.
10. Tara Reid’s decision to capitalize on her fame and make a shark-inspired perfume. (Yes, really.)
11. This girl’s deep emotional connection to Sharknado.
Dive into these antics, and let us know what you thought of the film in the comments below.
[Photo Credit: Syfy]