Dame Helen Mirren is one of the most distinguished actresses of our time. While we absolutely hold her work and awards in high regard, we don’t admire her just for her roles; the 69-year-old is the hilarious grandmother we’ve always wanted.
Today marks the release of Mirren’s latest film, The Hundred-Foot Journey, so we are seizing the opportunity to properly salute her. Just like Meryl Streep, she’s a female thespian who’s always down to get a little silly. From her impromptu make-out session with Paul Rudd to her love of America’s Next Top Model, we’ve found Mirren just gets cooler with age.
Dame Helen: The epitome of talent, class, and a tad bit of sass. Check out the reasons why we love the actress, below.
1. She’s not afraid to twerk.
Whether she’s being honored at Harvard University or she’s kicking it with daytime talk show hosts, she’s totally down to shake her moneymaker.
2. Helen Mirren’s ample bossom is where we can drown our sorrows.
Saturday Night Live offered a digital-only sketch showing us just how awesome Mirren’s breasts really are. As you can see, Kristen Wiig wastes no time motorboating the beloved actress after a rough day.
3. She wears stripper shoes to movie premieres.If you thought that clear platform stilettos were just for working the pole, Dame Helen proved you wrong. She donned the famed stripper footwear during the premiere of Red 2.
4. She doesn’t blush when it’s time to get naked.
In 2003’s Calendar Girls, a group of middle-aged women decided to bare their goods for a charity calendar. Of course, Mirren was in the midst of it all.
5. Mirren smooched one of our favorite actors.
During an interview on BBC One’s Graham Norton Show, she got to make out with Paul Rudd.
6. She made Leonardo DiCaprio bow down.Following the Academy Awards in early 2007, Mirren said that Leonardo DiCaprio dropped to his knees in front of her and kissed her hand. Seriously, what other woman has that kind of power?
7. She’s been a hottie for decades.Dame Helen’s reign goes all the way back to the 1960s. That’s pretty much a half-century of hotness!
8. Mirren can flawlessly rock pink hair.
The actress had no problem adding some much-needed flair to esteemed event like the British Academy Of Film And Television Awards. Furthermore, she revealed that the look was inspired by an episode of America’s Next Top Model.
9. She’s the person Jimmy Fallon consults on life’s big mysteries.
From time to time, the Tonight Show host asks Mirren, Mirren to provide sage, yet amusing advice.
10. She’s clearly tight with Britain’s royal family.Mirren played Queen Elizabeth II in 2006’s The Queen, Prince William jokingly called her his “granny,” not to mention that Prince Harry and Princess Kate seem quite fond of her.