O.K., the first official trailer for Girls season 4 is finally here. The hit HBO series created by Lena Dunham marked its return to awkward greatness with a surprisingly smart season 3. Now, the show promises to continue that streak with a new trailer. And there’s so much going on in the trailer that we just need to talk about it. Like seriously, all of it.
1. Hannah (Dunham) is definitely in Iowa.
2. And she looks great. She’s rocking some Vogue-styled hair and learned how to do her makeup.
3. “Random steps.”
4. Can we just imagine a world where Hannah and Adam are just happy and don’t find ways to ruin their relationship?
5. Hannah is still writing — about the same things.
6. Oh, Elijah (Andrew Rannells) is in Iowa as well. Sure.
7. Is Hannah blue body paint mud wrestling?
8. Does this season already feel like a teen soap when they finally graduate high school and head to college. Remember when Dawson went to LA and the rest stayed on the East Coast and went to school together?
9. Wait Marnie (Allison Williams) is sleeping with Desi (Ebon Moss-Bachrach) now? Isn’t he still dating Clementine?
10. I guess Marnie is going to sing even more in season 4.
11. Oh Desi has a girlfriend.
12. Adam is so having an one-sided Notebook moment. Cue tears.
13. What has acting done to Adam (Adam Driver)? He clearly has some newfound vanities.
14. Shosh (Zosia Mamet) is looking for work. That’s good. Though, she’s off-putting so that may be bad for her.
15. And let’s talk about her hair. We knew she cut it but does that mean we no longer crazy, cool, wack-a-doo Shosh hairdos?
16. At least she has some absurd hair accessories.
17. Oh hi, Jason Ritter. (Man, this season has everyone: Zachary Quinto, Ana Gasteyer as Mrs. Shosh, another actor from Orange Is the New Black, and Gillian Jacobs.)
18. So Jessa (Jemima Kirke) got arrested. Are we surprised?
19. And she just bitch-slapped the hell out of Hannah. Man, jail was rough on her.
20. Plus 1 for Shosh’s Tina Fey’s Barbara Bush-inspired dress suit. Werq.
Girls returns to HBO on Sunday, Jan. 11 at 9 pm EST.