Downton Abbey may get a spin-off, David Duchovny is about to drop a solo album, Matthew McConaughey gets paid big bucks for a commencement speech and more celebrity news.
- Mark Wahlberg has signed on to produce Patriots’ Day, a film based on the Boston Marathon bombing. Wahlberg may also star in the flick as well. [Time]
- FOX has renewed Zooey Deschanel’s New Girl for a fifth season. [Variety]
- The creator of Downton Abbey has discussed a spin-off of the series that would be based in the 1970s. [NME]
— David Duchovny (@davidduchovny) March 31, 2015
- David Duchovny is prepping the release of his solo album, Hell or Highwater. [Uproxx]
- Celebrity commencement speeches aren’t cheap, a Texas school paid Matthew McConaughey $135,000 for an upcoming speech in May. [THR]
- Kurt Russell and his killer mustache, unveiled a brand new Furious 7 clip last night on Jimmy Kimmel Live. [The Wrap]
- In honor of April Fool’s Day, the Big Morning Buzz Live crew play a prank on Nick Lachey.