Our newest VH1 Blog contributor, Love and Hip Hop’s Jen Bayer (who viewers have come to know as Jen The Pen), is happy to be blogging again. And so that you feel you know Jen a little bit better there’s 10 things you didn’t know about her, from her mouth to your ears.
Through her storyline this season we’ve witnessed the role religion plays in her relationship with Consequence and her attempt to reestablish her career in radio after taking time off to be a mommy. Since she’s been contributing to our blog she’s shared how she balances mommyhood with a career and why she cries every episode. It’s time to get to the real nitty gritty of the woman who made heads spin with a controversial, “Honey, I’m white; it will get done” comment. Jen, tell everyone who you are. Read more…
I do, however, hope since we are nearing the end of this season that you have figured out exactly why I belong on this show and just why my life is exactly the title–Love & Hip Hop. And in case you needed a little more digging in to who Jen The Pen really is, I drew up this list of 10 things you didn’t know about me and maybe should know .
10. In 2002 I wanted desperately to work in the music industry (and HATED college) so my mother and I made a deal if I could prove to her and get the gig I wanted as a personal assistant that I could take a year off from college. That year I started working as a personal assistant to the CEO of Big Shots Records, which at the time was a subsidiary label of Epic Records.
9. In 2004 I fell in love with radio and started an internship with “The Wendy Williams Experience.”
8. 2005 made me a Reality TV Star! I appeared as a contestant on BET’s The Ultimate Hustler. This is when Dame Dash coined the nickname “Jen The Pen” for me. His words exactly (I swear I will never forget them!), “I’m gonna call you Jen The Pen because you’re always writing everything down.”- Dame Dash
7. A) Somewhere between 2006 and 2007 I was back in radio hosting an online show through iTunes with another woman called “Kitty Radio.”
B) From there I landed my spot on Sirius Radio as “Gossip Girl” for DJ Whoo Kid’s Show on “Gunit Saturdays” in 2008.
C) 2008 was a busy year for me! Kim Osorio, Angela Yee, Tionna Smalls and I all joined together to bring you “Morning Coffee” for Gobal Grind.com this was short lived, but who would have thought we all would end up on VH1 years later!
D. Around 2009 Dipset’s Duke Da God and myself tried to do our own radio show titled “From The Hills to Harlem.” Another short lived project! But hey, I was out here working!
6. Consequence and I met in 08 while I was working on Whoo Kid’s show. When we started dating I admitted to him that he was on my vision board.
5. I played wardrobe stylist in between talking sh*t on the radio, and in 2008 I styled Ray J for his “Sexy Can I” video and various other appearances.
4. A) I couldn’t cook a meal to save my life! Until, that is, I became pregnant with Caiden in 2010. I decided then I better pick up a pan and get to learning before I starved my entire pregnancy! LOL
B) I’m a NEAT-FREAK. I CAN NOT STAND a messy home!!!!! If my home is a mess, my mind is a mess and then my OCD sets in! HAHA
3. I have an obsession with brushing and playing with my hair; I can’t even count on two hands how many times I brush my hair a day! Cons makes fun of me and calls me “Malibu Hair Barbie” and says I should star in a women’s hygiene commercial brushing my hair. HAHA
2. I REFUSE to leave home without bronzer, lipstick and mascara on. I remember growing up my mom always put makeup on to leave the house– that stuck with me for life. Every woman needs a little something before walking out the front door.
1. I’m true to my zodiac sign Cancer. I’m a homebody and love nothing more than to be crawled up on my couch in my comfy clothes (candles lit) eating chocolate chip cookies and catching up on my favorite TV series Scandal and Revenge.
If you didn’t know enough about me from watching me every Monday night now you know just a little more. I’m just a ordinary Staten Island girl with a VERY Love and Hip Hop type of back story!
– xoxo Jen The Pen
RELATED: Now Playing On A Small Screen Near You: Jen The Pen’s Tears
“What’s It Like To Be On TV And Have A Baby?” Jen The Pen, The VH1 Blog’s Newest Contributor, Answers That And More
“Honey I’m White; It Will Get Done”: The Most Notable Quotables From Love And Hip Hop Episode 5