By Lucelenia Amparo
Has there been enough booze passed around to the stars this awards season? Never enough, but the People’s Choice, Critics’ Choice, Golden Globes, Screen Actors Guild and Grammy Awards have had some pretty spectacular fail moments this year. Each show reminded us that amid all the glitz and glamour, sometimes things can go wrong: stars get overexcited, machines die, jokes fall flat. Here are the 10 biggest fails of the season, but oh, just wait until the Oscars!
10. Bombs away! America’s sweetheart Sandra Bullock dropped the F-bomb at the Critics’ Choice Awards when the announcer’s voice accidentally interrupted her Best Actress in an Action Film acceptance speech. It’s OK, Sandra we all said the same thing in our heads. Bradley Cooper joined in with another F-bomb a few moments later when accepting the award for Best Ensemble cast.
9. Wolf of Wall Street stars Jonah Hill and Margot Robbie were at a loss for words when the TelePrompter at the Golden Globes failed. Luckily, they were saved by handwritten notes passed to them onstage. Good old ink and paper to the rescue.
8. TelePrompter failure round 2: Cate Blanchett snapped at the screen that told her she had 29 seconds left for her speech at the SAG awards. She turned the fail into a win as she lovingly caressed her award (wink) and dedicated it to Blue Jasmine co-star Sally Hawkins … the *wink* part.
7. The Butler’s Cuba Gooding Jr. apparently didn’t think he had enough stage time at the SAG Awards. He rushed the stage while the credits were rolling and Ben Affleck was signing off the show, stole the mic and wished everyone a Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day. It was a Kanye moment for a good cause. Maybe this fail belongs to the SAGs for not acknowledging the holiday officially?
6. The People’s Choice Awards are nothing but cuteness all around — and cuteness always has room for error. Co-host Beth Behrs thought her mike was off after the opening number as she casually chatted with Brad Paisley and told him she had to pretend to chat with him until the producers told her to stop. We forgive you Beth, especially after your twerk section.
5. Super awkward moment when Diddy tried to turn up the Golden Globes and … *crickets*. Bono definitely wasn’t feeling it when Diddy leaned in for a hug, and he inched away. Sorry, Puff, it wasn’t your night, Bono still has some love for you though.
4. At the Grammys Jamie Foxx kept up his weird flirty advances toward Beyonce for a little too long. Jay-Z wasn’t having it, and he grabbed on tighter to Queen B every time Foxx looked their way. The guys had a playful boys’ fight on stage, but we all suspected Jay wanted to take a swing for real.
3. Talking about queens, let’s scoot over to queen of the world, Oprah Winfrey. At the Critics’ Choice Awards, Aisha Tyler joked that 12 Years a Slave was so pretty, it made her want to go back to the era, which didn’t set right with Oprah. She clearly didn’t think the slavery jokes were appropriate.
2. Jacqueline Bisset’s extra-long walk to the stage at the Golden Globes followed by her double awkward speech was more than memorable. After a long pause, she didn’t mind throwing an s-bomb in there as she accepted her award for Best Supporting Actress in the TV series Dancing on the Edge.
1. On a serious note, we were moved by the sight 34 couples, gay and straight, getting married by Queen Latifah during the Grammys as Macklemore, Ryan Lewis, Mary Lambert and Madonna performed of “Same Love,” but the cameras cut away from the scene as the gay couples were about to kiss. CBS claims this was unintentional.
How much will we add to this list after March 2, when the Oscars air? Stay tuned!