Lindsay Lohan is spending her 27th birthday today in rehab, which we imagine really sucks. So, while we know the actress made a truckload of terrible decisions to land herself in this court-ordered 90-day situation, we thought we’d give her a little birthday present: a list of 10 decisions she made that weren’t monumentally bad. Maybe then she can hold her head up a little higher, and remember these the next time her mom asks her to go out clubbing.
1. Leaving her gig on Another World for The Parent Trap in 1998, thus avoiding the soap opera star stigma and launching her superstardom at age 10.
2. Mean Girls. Duh.
3. Limiting her drug use to cocaine and ecstasy. And, as she told Piers Morgan in the Daily Mail, she only did coke four times.”It’s the truth. I’ve never taken heroin either, never injected myself with anything, never done LSD. Those things all scare me.”
4. Making fun of herself with an eHarmony profile on Funny or Die. Everyone’s more forgiving if you’re self-aware. “I never lose my Google hits, just my underwear.”
5. Making fun of herself on SNL. Sure, she was unwise to hope that her 2012 appearance on the show would relaunch her acting career, but she gets points for being self-aware again.
6. Distancing herself from her father’s drama, like when she played coy about her dad’s long-lost illegitimate daughter.
7. Supposedly refusing to kiss Charlie Sheen for Scary Movie 5, because his mouth grossed her out. Makes total sense to us.
8. Doing a spread for Playboy. Listen, as much as Lindsay wants to be an actress, she’s much more a celebrity than anything else. Maybe one day she’ll make her way back to serious roles, but in the meantime, she stands to make much more money by taking control of her image like this.
9. Having a fling with the Wanted’s Max George. If the paparazzi are going to follow you anyway, and you’re not on the lookout for a long-term love, you might as well have fun with a boy band member!
10. Planning to move somewhere much more private after this rehab stint. TMZ says she’d like to go where there are no paparazzi when she gets out in August. Not sure if that place exists, but it seems like a very good idea to us.
[Photos: NBC, Paramount Pictures, Getty Images, Playboy]